9.30.2008

Mr. President

Peanut: Dad is old enough to be President.
Moon: Yeah, but he can't because you have to have lots of money to run for President.
Me: You don't technically have to have lots of money, you just have to convince people to give you lots of money.
Moon: Oh, so the people who want you to win just give you money?
Me: Yes, but they usually give you money because they want you to do something for them.
Peanut: So, Dad could be President.
Me: Yes, he could. But what about Mom? Couldn't I be President?
Peanut: No. You're not old.

2 comments:

Seriously Brenda said...

I would totally print this post out and tape it to the fridge! Congrats on not being old enough!

Audrey said...

Thanks! I don't think I'll rub it in, though, since it's the only nice thing my child has said to me this year.