10.08.2009

Could I be more socially retarded?

At grocery store, have a fever, haven't eaten, feeling woozy...

Cashier: That's a real cute handbag!
Me: Oh, thanks.
Cashier: What kind of bags you like?
Me: Uhh, shiny ones?
Cashier: Shiny ones?
Me: Well, I guess I like a nice shoulder bag.
Cashier: I meant paper or plastic.
Me: Oh. Duh. Sorry. I'm kind of a retard.
Cashier: Huh.

And then I look around at all of the people bagging the groceries, and realize that in addition to being kind of a retard, I'm also a complete asshole.

2 comments:

Woo222 said...

Hey it happens. Sounds like something I'd do. I have a friend who was in an elevator with a man in a wheelchair and spent the entire ride singing "I have no legs, I have no legs." She is seriously the sweetest person ever, she was just being silly and didn't realize until later that what she said was probably offensive to the guy who can't walk.

Vikki said...

This one had me laughing out loud. I would love to have been there!