7.21.2008

Our medical system really does suck

D. had a minor medical procedure today to prevent any chance of future pregnancies. For this, I am eternally grateful. The entire thing lasted less than two hours, and he has a 2 cm. incision on his balls.

The doctor sent him home with instructions to rest for at least the next 24 hours and a prescription for Vicodin.


Less than three weeks ago, I expelled a living, breathing, eight pound human being from my womb. Labor lasted about six hours and ultimately resulted in my being torn open from my urethra to my anus. I basically had a massive, hemhorraging vaganus.

My discharge instructions were to resume normal activity as tolerated, and take 400 mg of Motrin every four hours for pain.

2 cm. nut cut = Vicodin
4 in. vaganus = Motrin

Our medical system sucks.

2 comments:

Seriously Brenda said...

My husband layed around for days after his little appointment. My daughter was born after 20 minutes of labor and I was home with her (attached to my boob as I was chasing after a 2 year old) within 24 hours. I feel for ya!

Anonymous said...

That's because MEN are running the show.